Saturday, May 30, 2015

details

Every night before laying this baby in his crib for the night, I sing "I am a Child of God" to him. Last night he kept interrupting my song with kisses to my lips. As much as I'd like to think he was feeling especially loving, I think he was trying to delay his bedtime. 


Today at the grocery store a man (possibly in his 80s) ran into a sign post, and pushed it quite far before he came to a stop. I watched it happen. I was standing right there. His car window was open, and his wife was in the front seat. She hopped out and motioned for him to back-up and through all of it, not one raised voice, not one unkind word. I imagine it's *possible* that she was saving them for later, but I like to think that she wasn't. That somewhere through the course of time this wonderfully aged couple has learned the value in keeping shame out of accidents.


On the way out of the grocery store I saw a solidly middle-aged couple holding hands and swinging their arms in a youthful, playful way. She was giggling and he was grinning and I thought, "I hope that's me someday." And then I had this instant realization that IS me TODAY. Hubs and I are happy, happy, happy, playful, silly, still completely in-love, and *uh-hem* solidly middle-aged. This realization was instantly followed by: Man, my life is awesome. How did I get so very blessed?

Then I loaded my groceries and headed for home, where Hubs was (of course) reading, and Pirate was playing and Little Man was taking an afternoon nap.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Life is in the details, right? I love this.