Sunday, May 17, 2015

maybe i should blog today

I'm trying to find a way to blog more often, but to do it requires I give up other things... and I'm not entirely sure I'm ready to give up those other things.

Namely: The half hour of Netflix, followed by the half hour (ish) of reading immediately before I shut my eyes on the night and call the day done. I am excessively fond of a show and some reading before bed. Truthfully, my brain isn't good for much else. It's tired at the end of the day too.

But today, right now, Little Man is sleeping and Pirate is singing and talking to himself in his bedroom. Hubs is reading some article or other and the puppy is sleeping. Of course there are a few chores I need to accomplish, but for now I think it'll be okay if I steal away some time to -if nothing else- let the world (or the two people left who read this blog) know that I am still alive.

Not thriving, but alive.

And approximately one step ahead of what needs to be done, so I guess I'm doing okay.

A friend of mine came over last night, saw my kitchen, saw my face, and refused to take no for an answer as she did my dishes and cleaned my stove-top. Wonderful woman!

In other news...

Summer begins this week as far as school is concerned. Which makes me nervous. I think I'll be hitting Pinterest up for ideas here very soon and hoping that it doesn't fail me -like it usually does when it comes to crafty things.

And...

While I blather on, I realize -I *could* be napping.

I think I'm going to head to my bed and see what happens. If I can manage a half hour before Little Man wakes up...

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Alive, not thriving. That's about how my last two months have been!

Glad you're alive, at least. ;)