Saturday, January 31, 2009

such a beautiful day!

Today was just about as perfect as a day can get.
The sun was out and the weather was perfect.
Perfect.
And Hubby and I hit the slopes
for my first ever try at snowboarding.
Good times.
Good times made even better by
one amazing (and professional skier)
Sister in Law
who literally 
held my hand so I wouldn't fall every three seconds.
It was fun.

Then we went out for lunch,
rented a movie,
and crashed on the couch.

The best entertainment of the day though
came from my nephew
who just learned how to use a slide.

Kids are so great.
Nothing ever gets old.
When they crash they get right back up, and
they always find something to laugh at.

Good night all.
Have a good Sunday.

7 comments:

Monica said...

We can really learn so much from kids!

Kate said...

What did you think about snowboarding?? You are so brave. Are you sore at all??? It sounds like a great day. Where did you go? Have a great week.

Joanne said...

Don't you just love those perfect days, when all seems right in life? Hope your Sunday was just as nice!

j said...

Your day sounds like it was so lovely!! If I were to 'hit the slopes' I am afraid I would have to 'hit the ER' afterwards.

Jewel Allen said...

*Kids are so great.
Nothing ever gets old.
When they crash they get right back up, and
they always find something to laugh at.*

Amen.

susette said...

Oh good job trying snowboarding. I've been twice but sure am having a hard time getting the hang of it. I LOVE LOVE to ski though. Something about being on the mountain all day definitely zaps the energy out of you. It sounds like you had a great day!

Melanie said...

I've been skiing once, and I thought it was fun, but I like to stick with just the bunny slopes. :) I've never been snowboarding, sounds fun!