Saturday, October 15, 2011

good-bye teeny, tiny hotel room


Actually, I'm writing from another teeny, tiny hotel room. One with wi-fi and a nice bed. But that's all aside from the point.

We've left Alabama, and our teeny, tiny room.

I won't miss the room.

I will miss my friends. It's something that I love and hate about this military life -constantly making friends and then leaving them. Not everyone can understand how it is that I can feel so close to a group of people that I barely met -but there it is, and I can't explain it. There are "kindred spirits" everywhere as my friend Anne might say. 

My New Friends, 
I hope to see you again, travel safe, and God bless. 
Love,
Heather

3 comments:

jenny said...

I miss you too already... and I hope we run into each other sooner rather than later! Trav and I are staying in a KING-SIZED bed, two bedroom hotel room tonight. We decided to splurge and enjoy the traveling. :)

Laurie said...

Man, I don't know how you do it! Here I am, whining about having to get to know a whole new ward of people... And it's only my first time having to since getting married! I'll stop whining now. :S

Aunt Merrilee said...

Looks like the little pirate was having fun with the wipes!! Was he picking them up after he took them all out??? Are you home and how did the trip go? Is the little pirate glad to get home to his own room and toys? Like Christmas!!