Thursday, May 31, 2012

how i feel


I'm pretty sure I looked like this guy when I woke up this morning. L. Pirate was slapping my face and asking for a "bole" -which in his language means "bottle." I know I've complained quite enough about his little sleeping (or not-sleeping) patterns in the past, so I'm not going to now. A lot of it is my own dang fault for being so weak. I know it. Which is why I'm not going to say another word about it. Except, that I seriously felt like this guy looks, and I had the morning breath to match. Which didn't phase L. Pirate at all. Maybe toddlers don't have a developed sense of smell?

Anyhow... If it was only first thing in the morning that I was feeling like this, it would be one thing. However, yesterday I morphed into this at least 12 times. Twelve hour days with a toddler can do this to a person, I now know this first-hand. And again, my own dang fault.

On Tuesday my visiting teachers wanted to do a meet in the park thing. It was only 10 o'clock in the morning, and I knew we wouldn't be out there for very long and that is exactly what I told the voice in my head that always wants me to bathe in sunscreen before heading outside. A little under and hour later and I was down right crispy. Of course, L. Pirate wasn't even the slightest shade of pink. Since I'm about fourteen shades of red at the moment, I didn't want to even step outside yesterday. It made for one very, very long day.

It also doesn't help that this class I'm taking is a bit more demanding than my last class. As in my reading assignment this week is approximately 200 pages -and I'm not exaggerating. Plus "use your extra time this week to get a start on your research paper due in three weeks." And since Monday was a holiday -I'm a bit behind. Which translated to a lot of ignoring the L. Pirate while I tried to play catch up. Almost-two-year-olds will not be ignored. In short: yesterday was a mess.

And the scary thing is: I will be living in my own version of Groundhog Day, if I don't figure out a new routine. And quick. If I turn into this horrible, monster-guy anymore the look might stick. I can hear my mom telling me so in the recesses of my brain.

So, while I am over here trying to figure out some solutions, I hope you all have a fabulous Thursday.
And maybe I'll wish you a happy weekend while I'm at it. Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

Amy said...

ugh. Great big fat ugly UGH!! No. fun. at. all.
You need a foot rub. Probably the only part of your body that isn't sunburned, right?

I heard lavender helps sunburns. ?

I hope you feel better soon. sometimes a good rant helps. I'm hearing you!

Laurie said...

Ugh is right!! I wish I had read this post before the last one. :S I totally know what you mean, though. And mine is my fault completely. I spend way too much time on the computer... Nuff said... We've had conversations about that. :)

Sam said...

I'm right there with you. Just take a deep breath. You will make it.