Tuesday, June 26, 2012

sweet child o' mine

4:30 This morning:

L. Pirate, from his crib: Daddy!! Daddy? Daddy, Elmo bum! Elmo bum, Daddy! Daddy?

Elmo bum translates to "I need a new diaper."

Can I just say how much I love that sweet child o' mine for specifically calling his Daddy to come change that diaper?

***

The other day I put some food on Pirate's plate and before eating, he folded his arms -jabbered some words- said "maymen" and then started eating.

***

Recently L. Pirate noticed the apple cider vinegar in the fridge. For a day and a half, every time I opened the fridge he'd be at my knee pointing to the bottle and asking for "juice." He even brought it to me a few times, when I forgot to lock the fridge. Finally I decided since he thought he wanted it so badly, I'd give him a taste.

So the last time he brought me the bottle, I poured him a little -and video taped it. Whenever I get it uploaded, I'll have to share because it is hilarious. And possibly a little mean. But he stopped asking me to give him some juice and throwing fits after I told him no. Problem solved. Sometimes in life we just have to learn things the hard way, eh?


1 comment:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, I love this post!!!