Friday, December 28, 2012

cough drop and kleenex city

Our Christmas was lovely. It began with a bit of a Christmas miracle. The Pirate slept in until 7:30! He's still a little young to really get the whole concept of Christmas Day = presents. He ran to the living room, and stood in the center of a pile of presents, completely enthralled with the lights and ornaments and candy canes that appeared on our little Charlie Brown tree over night.

"One, three, two" he pulled the candy canes off the tree and when he had every last one within his reach, he took them to the couch for safe-keeping. At that point, we redirected him to the presents, and Hubby helped him open the first one.

New toy cars from Aunt Merrilee! He wanted those cars! Hubby took them out of their box and for the next, I don't know, ten to twenty minutes at least, he played with those cars. Driving them around the rug and on the couches. Meanwhile several other presents sat under the tree waiting for his notice.

That was the pattern the rest of the morning. He had to play with each thing for 10 to 20 minutes before moving on to the next present.

It took over an hour and a half for him to open everything.

He's been asking for presents everyday since.

Christmas was cozy. I liked it being just us. We Skyped with my family. Hubby made an outstanding dinner. Hubby took Will out sledding, while I napped. It would have been kind of perfect if I didn't feel myself coming down with something. If I could have had the energy to go outside and sled with my boys.

The day after Christmas that something I felt I was coming down with struck Hubby and I both down.

It's been a cough-drop and kleenex city around here since then.

We hope to kick it soon.

Who wants to start a New Year feeling like this?

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm sorry you feel like crap!!

I like slow Christmases! :)

Cynthia said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me :) Hope you are starting to feel better so you can ring in the New Year in style!

Jenny Lynn said...

Well, I will join you in the feeling like crap. Since I just slept 2 afternoons away. Felt like I was getting a sinus infection. But, I will say that this evening I fell like I am on the mend. As I hope are as well.

Happy New Year!