Saturday, March 16, 2013

what happened to that rabbit?

Pirate for weeks and weeks now has been asking us, daily, "What happened to that rabbit?" We can't figure out what he's talking about.

---

For a long time any time we asked the Pirate where something was, he'd immediately answer, "The sink." These days, any time we ask him for the location of an item, he immediately replies, "Behind the car."

---

Last night

Pirate: What are you doing?
Me: Changing the sheets.
Pirate: Sheep! Baaa-aaaa. Baaa-aaaaa!

---

A few nights ago Pirate crawled up into Hubs lap and said, "I have an idea! Pink. Ice cream."
Hubs: No, Pirate. We're not going to have pink ice cream right now.
Pirate: Okay. Yellow ice cream. Yeah!

---

We've been working on not-whining. The other day, in the highest-pitch, whiniest voice possible he asked me to "Wash tray. Wash tray." and I said, "Pirate, are you whining?" and he instantly drops his bottom lip and in the deepest voice he could make said, "Wash tray, please."

---

In Pirate language:

Elmo Fish = Finding Nemo
Sleepy Mouse = Mickey Mouse
Green Chocolate = Shelf Reliance Freeze Dried Broccoli
Pink Ice Cream = A Popsicle
Two Waters = A Cleaning Bucket Hubs uses to soak his feet in.

---

Hubs: Pirate, want to go to Costco with me?
Pirate: Yeah! Yeah!
{pulling into the parking lot}
Pirate: (sad) Oh. I want go to Castle.

---

Pirate climbs into Hubs lap, "I want snack!"
Hubs: Not right now, Pirate.
Pirate: [with sadness being replaced with excitement] Two Waters!

He runs over to the bucket (the "Two Waters") in the corner of the room, and pulls out a handful of Winnie-the-Pooh crackers.

---

During family prayers, Pirate starts repeating every word I say. After the prayer:
Hubs: Pirate! Were you helping momma pray?
Me: Yes, Pirate has been helping me pray lately. He's such a good boy.
Pirate: And Smart!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, I'm dying!!! I love this age!

Jenny Lynn said...

OMG! I am smiling really big from this. Such fun for you!