Friday, July 5, 2013

july five

It's been a couple weeks.

The packers showed up a day early, while I was in the dentist's chair having four cavities filled, one in each back molar. I got home to a houseful of people and boxes and whole rooms completely packed, Pirate was strapped in his booster-seat, in the middle of the living room, watching Jake and the Neverland Pirates and eating a bowl of ice cream. Hubby said, "Oh! I'm so glad you're home! Sorry, he's eating ice cream, but desperate times, desperate measures!" I didn't have a sitter lined up for that day, because they were a day early, so it became a how-can-we-keep-Pirate-happy day. We went to the park and the library and the store and Hubby held down the fort. Sheets and pillows and everything (essentially) was in boxes by the end of the day, so we called around for a hotel, and since basics were coming in the next day there wasn't a room anywhere nearby. We crashed at a friend's house instead. 

The next day, I dropped Pirate off at a different friend's house, and then went and scrubbed mine. 

Anyway... one night in one place, three nights in the next, two nights in a tlf, and we finally pulled away from the Springs. It was a bit crazy.

At one point I found myself in a hotel room with no wipes, and no computers, and no hotel room key, for about three to four hours. We built forts, and looked out the window, and counted cars, and took a bath, and stacked all the disposable cups in the room to create a castle... 

So, we're now officially homeless, and hanging out with the Wyoming family before we move on to our next stop at the end of this month/beginning of next.

And hopefully I'll get a bit more blogging time while I'm here.


1 comment:

Laurie said...

I'm glad you get to spend some time with family before moving further away!!

Sometimes no technology is nice, huh? Sometimes... :)