Thursday, November 25, 2010

in all things give thanks


This year, more than in past years,
I have experienced overwhelming
love & gratitude
for my Heavenly Father and
for his plan for me,
and for us.

There isn't a day that has gone by
since this little boy came into our world
that I haven't felt like
the luckiest girl on earth.

It is such a blessing to be able to
stay home with this little boy.
I am thankful for not only a hard-working Hubby,
but a hard-working Hubby who has a job.
A job that is relatively stable.

We have good health,
loving families,
amazing friends,
and we have the gospel.

And aside from these things
that bring the greatest joys,
we have things like
toothbrushes
and hot water.
Plenty of food to eat,
and clean water to drink.
A warm house,
and a soft bed.
Things that are so common
that we almost forget that
they are blessings.

There is a scripture
somewhere in the Bible
about giving thanks in all things.
All things means even the things
you aren't really feeling thankful for.

Recently a friend of mine
wrote how she's thankful for her bills.
Because a power bill means she has electricity,
and a rent check means she has a place to live,
and a car payment means she has something to drive.

I found this way of thinking inspiring.
And I'm working on adopting it for myself.

In the mean time
I hope you all have a
beautiful
Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

This year, I'm thankful for my trials! Because they're truly turning into blessings I wouldn't have gotten in any other way!

Megan Guerrero said...

He is so sweet! i love him. Happy day of thanks to you guys!!! We are grateful for good friends!

Aunt Merrilee said...

It's nice we have Thanksgiving each year to make us think about what we are thankful for. I too am thankful for what I have. Had all my kids for dinner today and that is the first time in years we have all been together. It was a good day. Love the picture of the little man. He is growing! He's precious. How is the weather where you are? We had a cool day today. Too cold to eat outside.

sevencherubs said...

this is just beautiful and inspiring - love your grateful heart :)

Teresa said...

I am so thankful that you of all people have been blessed to experience the joy of motherhood. What a beautiful son you have been given. What a beautiful grandson. I can't wait to hold him!

Clayton_klapper said...

I'm glad you're using positive thinking. If life was easy, there wouldn't be any joy in the successes! The downs make the ups that much better.

Nadia said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so happy for you guys. Are you heading to utah anytime soon, I can't wait to meet this baby!