Friday, April 15, 2011

is it friday yet?

The Little Pirate has a runny nose. Not just a little one, either. The amount of snot dripping out and off of his cute face is unbelievable to me. Because he is covered in snot, I am covered in snot. I mean covered, as in clothing changes have been required. It's lovely. Just lovely. 

---

This morning he was sleeping in the chair with me, and either I pushed him or he rolled overboard. I woke up just in time to see him disappear over the chair of the arm. I mean arm of the chiar. I mean Chari. I mean chair. Urgh. Mother of the Year. Right here. Luckily, the closet door was being held open with my towel, so he more slid down between the closet door & the cahir, I mean chair. (Why is that one so hard for me today!?) Anyway, he obviously was crying, but not hurt crying just mad that he had been woked up crying. *woken. *woken? Hmm.

---

I've been reading The Pioneer Woman's new book, Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Oh my heavens! It deserves it's own post which I'll write after I actually finish the book. Let's just say me & Ree, we're like two peas in a pod -her and I. We could possibly be very best friends, only now she's all super, mega famous & super, mega famous people don't just collect new best friends. Even if we are like, the same exact person. Well... subtract the fact that I'm only worth about a hill of beans in the kitchen & my phototag skills are mediocre to fair & I don't actually live on a ranch yet.

---

Another week of April has been lived up! Happy weekend!!

3 comments:

Rachel Sue said...

Once, while changing my oldest in the mother's room at the church, I threw the diaper away and turned around just in time to watch her fall off the changing table. The placement of my leg, thankfully, kind of broke the fall and she rolled rather than splatted. (I decree that it is a word.) And yes. There were other moms in there with me, none of whom I knew. So, I know how you feel. It happens. To all of us.

Amy said...

I think this is your best post this year. So not kidding.

Laurie said...

Yeah, I have to agree with Amy. It's so full of motherhood!!! :D