Monday, May 16, 2011

i am missing hubby


Hubby sent me these gorgeous roses for Mother's Day.
(They are actually the most vivid of reds.)
He is the sweetest & most perfect man for me.
And I miss him.

A lot.

A lot, a lot.

Especially when my best friend tells me 
about a trip she gets to
take with her husband -sans children- to Florida. 
And Disney World.
For. A. Week.

She told me this, all excited, 
as anyone would be, 
and I almost cried of jealousy
I told her I couldn't look at her for awhile.
She thought I was joking. But I kinda wasn't.
Tears were starting to come to my eyes, 
and I didn't want to acknowledge them.

(Sometimes I am a selfish and crappy friend.)

(It was kind of the same feeling I used to get 
when I'd see pregnant girls.)

Then this weekend I attended a wedding reception.
Of course I ran into friends of ours, 
of course they asked about Hubby,
of course I had to answer questions, 
of course it made me miss him more.

Then tonight, the icing on the I'm-Missing-Hubby cake
-The Little Pirate was gassy this evening 
& made all kinds of bubbles in his bath.
Which made me laugh.
Which would have made Hubby laugh even harder.

I could just see his eyes crinkling up, 
and his shoulders shaking.
Only, he wasn't there.
I emailed him about it.
Which means that when he reads his email in the morning,
(sometime in the middle of my night)
his eyes will crinkle up,
 and his shoulders will shake,
and I will miss it.

Maybe if I'm lucky 
I'll see that laugh in my dreams.

5 comments:

Missy said...

I know exactly what you mean. I haven't had to be away from my hubby much since chidren but any time seperated for the one you love is difficul. We are gearing up for a 6 week seperation here.

Laurie said...

Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry. That has to be hard!! I've only been separated from mine for about 6 weeks, and even that was hard. So I can only imagine. You're such a strong woman!!

Cynthia said...

{HUGS!} I can't imagine what you are going through. My hubby was gone for 5 months and that was very hard. I do not look forward to the possibility of a longer seperation but know with the military life it is very possible.

Heidi said...

I just don't know how you do it! I'm so sorry! I don't blame you for feeling sore in the heart, even when it's a friend. Can you do skype? I know some do--and then you could tell him and see his eyes crinkle and all of that.. .

Rachel Sue said...

I am feeling for you. I hope it goes fast.

You still haven't posted the poop poem! You must! :)