Wednesday, April 18, 2012

check the sky for pigs!

Because I think they are flying!!

People, for years, years, I have tried to figure out a way to get myself excited about exercise. I have tried e v e r y t h i n g I could think of to get to that magic place where I want to exercise. Where it becomes a natural part of my daily routine. A natural part of me.

I'd like to announce that though I'm not quite there yet, I can see it up on the horizon, and that is thrilling to me! I feel like one of my major life goal's is coming into my reach -so close I can smell it, and Victory, my friends, has a delicious aroma!



I think reading this book was the turning point for me. Haruki Murakami spoke of running (foreign to me) in a language I could understand -the language of what it is and means to be a writer.

Ironically, as I began reading this book I was also ready to try a new experiment -another attempt at teaching myself to like exercise. Since I love reading to excess, and I hate exercising to excess, I decided to pair up reading with the exercise bike in hopes of finding a balance. And it seems I did. Turns out a good book and an exercise bike is all the motivation I need to get a good cardio workout in! I'm turning cartwheels inside! And spinning my heart to good health. Win-win.

P.S. Incase you're interested?

My latest exercise bike book:


This book is beautiful.

1 comment:

Aunt Merrilee said...

Good for you, I am proud that you have found a way to make exercise a happy place for you. I tried to ride a bike and read a few years ago when I saw another lady at the gym doing it, but when I start to get into the story I would slow down my pedaling and then would realize what I was doing and have to get back up to speed. So I am glad it works for you..