Saturday, June 30, 2012

reflections





Browsing Pinterest this morning (when I seriously have approximately 500 things to-do) I saw this and thought, Yeah, that summarizes this week for me. I was the person standing in the door way. 


Hubby and I have been through some things in the time that we've been married, but sitting at a friends house watching a fire eat up the mountain we live on... Well, we think that might take the cake.

Here I'd like to note that we felt incredibly loved as the offers to "come and stay with us" poured in on Tuesday. We probably will have an unimaginable cell phone bill this month, as we spent two days assuring friends and family that we were safe and doing well. In addition to the evacuation thing, we also had a death in the family -a grandparent who was in all ways ready to go.

If I was the person standing in the doorway, the love of God and friends and family and neighbors could represent the lighthouse. Today I am feeling so grateful for that kind of love.


2 comments:

Sam said...

We are thinking about you and praying for you and everyone affected by the fire fires.

Amy said...

Glad you and your home are safe. I hope you guys continue to feel and be loved and protected. :)