Thursday, January 3, 2013

my dad can ride a unicycle and other random thoughts


My mom just sent me this picture she took at the big family Christmas party a couple weeks back. I love it. My dad is awesome, don't you think? I mean really how many people can ride unicycles?

Also, it kind of reminds me of this other cool thing my dad did once-upon-a-time. His son's boss was, I think, the star of his high school football team. If he wasn't actually the star, he sure made himself out to be. I don't know how the conversation went but I think it went something along the lines of this young man bragging about his speed -and, however the story goes- he and my dad ended up in a foot race. Middle-aged and over-weight, my dad won. I love that.

In other news...

We're still a bunch of sickies around here. I started coughing blood yesterday, so decided to wait it out at urgent care. Apparently, coughing blood is normal here in this dry climate, when you have a bad case of bronchitis. The doc told me because I was young and in good health, he's not worried about me. He said I can expect these symptoms for another 7 to 10 days. That kinda made me want to curl into a ball and cry because truly, I'm sick of being sick.

Though there have been some perks to this sickness. For example, I've had time to guilt-free watch all of Season One and all of Season Two of Downtown Abbey. I've also had the time to write a story I'm submitting for a contest coming up. And Mmm. I think that's where the perks stop. Oh wait! Hubby agreed to let me order pizza delivery tonight. It should be here soon, and I couldn't be happier because I'm hungry! And did you know, Dominos has a gluten-free pizza? Three cheers for Dominos! Well, if it's good. I'll hold off on my official cheering for now.

Okay. Off to watch previews of Downtown Abbey Season 3 on Youtube.

Have a good night.

1 comment:

jenny said...

Oh I'm so sorry for you!! No good being sick for that long! But, to cheer you... you can watch Season 3 for free on projectfreetv.com. Trav and I already have!! So good. :) Beware of the racy ads on the sides, but past that, you can have something to do while you're still sick. :)