Friday, January 25, 2013

pirate stories


I was on the phone the other morning when Pirate brought this loaf of bread to me. I asked him to give me one minute to finish my phone call -and when I did, I went to find him. He was sitting on the couch with the whole loaf. He'd ripped the plastic with his teeth, and was going to town!

*****

The other morning, Hubby took Pirate out to start the truck with him. They do this most every morning.  On the console between the seats were a bunch of empty wrappers. Noticing all those empty wrappers, Pirate turned to Hubby and said, "What? Daddy no share?"

*****

A couple nights ago Hubby was watching a show about sea turtles. Pirate was mesmerized. He sat still on Hubby's lap for close to a full hour. Then later as he was getting dressed for bed, he said, "Dad. Member turtles?" and Hubby said, "Yes. I remember the turtles. Did you like those turtles?" and he says, "Yeah. Tell Mom!"

*****

Recently he discovered, much to his delight, that he can make bubbles in the bathtub. "Dad! Bubbles from my bum!" I heard him exclaim. A couple days later, I asked him, "Are you putting poops in your diaper?" and he responded with, "No. Bubbles in my diaper."

*****

Today he came running up to me, wrapped his arms around my legs, looked into my face and said, "I run fast on baby legs!" Then he said, "Race. Ready! Set! Go!"



2 comments:

Aunt Merrilee said...

I love all these pirate stories. Be sure and keep them. He is learning so fast. I love the picture with the bread! And those baby legs are fast!

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh, this is hilarious!! The bubbles one is the best, though, I think! :)

And I'm SO glad you found your pictures. That's always tragic!!