Sunday, April 29, 2012

sacred moment

I was 16 or 17 when I received my Patriarchal Blessing. I have a copy of it near my bed and I re-visit the words Heavenly Father spoke specifically to me fairly often. I have tried to live by the council it has provided. There are many sentences in this blessing, but there is one specifically that has placed itself prominently in my mind for some years now. Probably because since it was first spoken to me I have interpreted it one way, and that way never felt quite right. It left me a bit confused.

Earlier this week I was watching a video for my Nutrition class. I was holding the Little Pirate, resting my head on his, and trying to glean as much knowledge from the speaker as I could without a pen in my hand. And right in the middle of the lecture, the spirit came to my mind and heart with great force and spoke that sentence from my blessing, clear as clear can be. Then I was taught for a minute by the spirit, not the man speaking. I had goose bumps and tears in my eyes when it was over. I returned my attention once again the man on my screen. A few more minutes passed, and I had the whole experience again, the spirit clearly repeating that sentence to my mind, and teaching me again the same thing as before. I think the Lord knows I can be a slow learner!

And now I'll say this: It is so good to know that the path I am on is exactly the right one. It is clearly marked ahead, and now it is only a matter of preparing for a work I feel, in every way, called to do. I LOVE this gospel!!

No comments: