Wednesday, March 12, 2014

nearing the finish line

Woke up this morning to a good 6 to 8 inches of freshly and still falling snow. It was just after 10am because Hubs got the email I sent him at 5:00am explaining that Pirate (and pregnancy) had kept me up the *entire* night. Seriously. I slept about an hour and a half between bedtime and 6:30. Then finally I entered dreamland sometime around then, and didn't peek my eyes open until 10.

I stumbled out of the room to a quiet house. Hubs and Pirate were outside shoveling the driveway, I watched them from awhile torn between smiles and tears. Love for these guys in my life and wretchedness that it's mid-March and still dumping significants amounts of snow into our lives.

I ate, showered, dressed, ya-da, ya-da in high speed because I had an 11:00 appointment with the CNM. She says things are still looking good, though babe is "sunny side up" so we'll hope he turns in the next few weeks.

I'm due one month from today. One more month. And still so much to do.

As soon as I get a night of semi-decent sleep I'll tackle those things... Or maybe I'm never sleeping again and I'll just have to suck it up and drag myself through the to-do list, zombie-style.

I'm good at zombie-style.

Anyway, the rest of the week is forecasted to be more or less sunshiny. Spring IS working on coming. Maybe she's like me. Pregnant to the max and overly tired.

Finish lines are in sight. For me and winter. That's happy.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I swear you've only been pregnant for like a week!! Haha. I hope baby turns and all goes well!

Cynthia said...

And we your faithful readers are here to cheer you on! You can do this...and yes, someday (don't ask me when but I have been told by other moms) you will sleep again! Maybe spring will come alive when your sweet baby joins the world :)