Monday, November 24, 2008

words on gratitude

Church was exceptionally uplifting for me yesterday.
Being the Sunday before Thanksgiving,
the talks were centered on gratitude -and I realized
something I've been forgetting in this Thirty Days of Thanks.
I don't know how it was so easy for me to overlook -and 
honestly it humbled me. 

I was reminded that the things that 
bless our lives come from God. 
I felt his love for me, and his continual concern
for my happiness and well-being.

Then I remembered this quote:

"Human vanity can best be served by a reminder that,
whatever his accomplishments, his sophistication, his
artistic pretension, man owes his very existence to a 
six inch layer of top soil -and the fact that it rains."
-Author unknown

Later, in Sunday School, we were discussing
the tough economic times that are upon us.
And one man reminded us all that 
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh...
In this life we will have trials, they are here to help us.

Again, I felt so blessed.
He who cloths the lillies and feeds the sparrows
certainly knows me and takes care of me
and will continue to do so.

It was a good day,
and I am grateful for a
perfect Father in Heaven
who knows exactly what I need.
He is the Master teacher and has
a specific plan for my life.
I will follow him in faith.

I would like to wish
everyone a happy and healthy
Thanksgiving!
Love to you all!

-Heather

12 comments:

Tara said...

Beautiful...thank you. need that reminder again, and again, and again!♥♥♥

Kaylynn said...

I agree with Tara; it was beautiful.

Erin said...

What a nice day it was for you! I love days like that - days that remind me all I have to be greatful for. I hope it lasts all week for you!

Jillene said...

BEAUTIFUL post!! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

Jan said...

Those uplifting Sundays are the best. I just love when I get all full for the week ahead. Glad you had one of those.

MERRIANNE said...

i love days like that!!! ♥ i am glad you had one!!!!

kemra said...

Well said!

Kimberly said...

Amen!
P.S. You are so right about the hourly wage thing! :)

Laurie said...

Thanks for this. Some days it's easy to forget what life's all about!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful message..Thanks for sharing.

Kaci said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! :) XOXO

Mrs. L said...

Cute giveaways all week on my blog. Come join in and let your readers know they are welcome too.