Thursday, February 9, 2012

diapers in my washing machine, wet socks, and madness

In case you ever happen to accidently run a disposable diaper through the washing machine... the trick is to add a cup of salt to the load and wash it again.

Then, spend the whole day in your yoga pants and a random t-shirt that hasn't seen the light of day for half a year because it takes three rounds through the washing machine to finally get the clothes to the drier.

...

Don't you hate it when you step in a puddle of something wet when you're in your socks? I know it would seem like stepping in it with your barefoot would be worse, but it's not. The wet sock is worse.

Today I feel like the wet sock.

L. Pirate is to blame. L. Pirate and his vendetta against sleeping! Last night was another one of those nights he wakes up around 2 - 2:30 thinking the whole world should be up and playing with him. He's also decided to occasionally refuse daytime naps -I still stick him in his crib, for at least an hour- but I hear him in there talking to himself and playing with Scout and not sleeping.

His not sleeping = my not sleeping and somehow he does a whole lot better with the missed ZzzZs than I do. He's still smiling and laughing and running around. While I look (& feel) like a half-zombie toad on a log.

And I feel like I'm ready for another one!?

I think I've lost. my. mind.

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

I don't think you are crazy :) Though I do believe that I am...I have a 5 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old (all boys)...and baby #4 (a girl) is due in May - but then again my sanity has been in question for years, so I am probably not the best judge for this question.

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

Sorry about the diaper in the washer, and the no sleep. I hope you get some rest soon.

Amy said...

My sister's boy is the same. Where the heck to they get all that energy?

I agree on the wet sock thing. YUCK!

Rachel Sue said...

why hasn't anyone ever told me about the salt trick before??!?!?! I could have used that one SOOOO many times.

And I totally empathize. Eric refuses to sleep through the night any more. Yes, my 3 year old gets up at and wants to sleep in my bed. So, I was a zombie today as well. I'm feeling ya.

Jennie said...

I hate the half zombie toad days. ;)

wendy said...

that's why we mothers keep forgetting all this Insanity
and have another one
and another
and another
(tee,hee)

Kyla said...

We went through the same thing. Turned out to be ear infections! Good luck!