Monday, February 13, 2012

wonderful weekend!

We woke up to snow on Saturday. It fell steadily all day long. We spent the morning looking at houses (found one we like a lot!!) and then we came home, had a bit of lunch, and all three took long, glorious, much-needed naps! 

Saturday evening we went to our friends' house for a birthday party. My friend Amanda had made a full out Cafe Rio style meal & I ate at least a quarter of my body weight in cilantro-lime rice, beans, and guacamole. Mmm. Mexican food is hands down and forever my favorite. After dinner we played Settler's of Catan (?) It was pretty fun & I came *this close* to winning, but Amanda took the win -and good for her because between her husband and mine winning board games is hard to do!

Sunday morning, the sun decided to return to us, and we decided to take advantage of all the snow in our yard. We introduced L. Pirate to the sled and he LOVED it. It was really fun spending some outside time with the family. It's been awhile!

After church we had some other good friends over for dinner. We haven't seen them in awhile & it was really great having the chance to catch up -and eat some pretty amazing food.  

A weekend full to the brim of family time and family time with friends = perfect.

2 comments:

Aunt Merrilee said...

What a fun weekend. Family, good friends and great food. And Snow! It's a good thing the pirate likes snow or you would be in trouble!

wendy said...

Yup...I'd say you had a great weekend !!!
Now I am salivating for some Mexican food (OF WHICH THERE IS NONE around where I live)