Friday, May 11, 2012

after math


Wednesday the L. Pirate and I woke up with the cold that Hubby had the week before. I managed to drown mine in essential oils and orange juice, but the L. Pirate's cold hung on a little tighter.

Yesterday he fevered up and insisted on being held. For the bulk of the day he laid across my lap and watched his shows, creating drool spots on my jeans. In other words: none of my chores got done.

His fever spiked higher than I was comfortable with around his bedtime, so I gave him a dose of infant advil and like magic my son was back and speeding around the house like the Tazmanian Devil. By then I was A. too tired from sitting all day, and B. too into the Harry Potter book I'd been reading all day to bother cleaning up after him. Plus, why bother when he's still playing? He undoes whatever I do twice as fast as I can do it. Read: a losing battle.

He didn't even start to slow down until almost 11, and at that point I just went to bed and called it a day.

This morning he woke up at his usual 5:30, fever free and full of energy. And a major cranky pants.

If you are wondering what my house looks like, check out the picture above. Multiply that over every inch of floor space and you'll have a pretty good idea.

If you are wondering if I'm going to go clean in now that he's taking a nap, the answer is: As soon as Harry and Hermione rescue Sirius and Buckbeak.


Happy Weekend!!

4 comments:

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

Glad you are both feeling better, and yeah for Prisoner of Azkaban... though I love Gblet of Fire even better:)

Rachel Sue said...

Just read that chapter to my girls. I love that I get to be there for the whole thing.

What I Did Today said...

A girl after my own heart! Haha! Glad your little one isn't sickly anymore. I can so relate to that picture. I'm always saying (to myself), "Cleaning the house while the children are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk while it is still snowing." :D

Tracie said...

So sad when they are sick, but at least you were able to enjoy a good book!
Happy Mother's Day, I hope it finds you and the little pirate in good health.